Friday, April 20, 2012

Two Spring-Ready Drinks

Finally the weather is getting warmer, and seeing buds on the trees and tulips in the ground, makes it really feel like spring.

And so I can put away the box of hot chocolate and pull out my blender, because nothing sounds better for a evening treat than a smoothie! Today I'm going to share two recipes for the blender, a fruit smoothie and a jello milkshake. Both are nice to enjoy in the spring and summer months.
Both of these recipes I made in my single-serving sized blender. Of course they are easy to make larger. Another nice thing about smoothies and milkshakes is that you can add as much or as little of the ingredients as you want — every single time you can have a unique, one-of-a-kind drink!

Fruit Smoothie

8 small ice cubes1 cup of overflowing frozen berry mix
3/4 cup of orange juice
Put ingredients into blender in order. Mix on high for 2-3 minutes, or until ice and fruit are well blended.
* I included peaches in the picture, but didn't end up using them. I'm sure they would taste great though!


I use IKEA ice cube trays because the fun shapes are usually smaller than regular ice cubes and crush better in the blender. I also choose to use frozen berries because they keep for longer, but of course you can use fresh.

Jello Milkshake

2 cup vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
1 cup milk
1 tbsp jello powder (flavour of your choice, I went with blueberry)

Put ingredients into blender in order. Mix on high for 2-3 minutes, or until jello powder and ice cream are well blended.


My family and I first tried this when I was younger and we instantly fell in love. There are so many jello flavors out there, and they all make delicious milkshakes. Using ice cream of course is the traditional ingredient, but frozen yogurt is a healthy alternative that tastes just as good.

Happy Cooking,
Courtney

P.S. On Sunday I will be guest posting over at Chic on a Shoestring Budget, so please stop by and check out my post on updating my TV stand.

I linked up here:
Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe Shabby NestA Little Knick Knackfreckled laundryTruly Lovely Blog

2 comments:

  1. OMG! These look DELICIOUS!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Two Sasters!!! I cannot wait to make the Jello one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by the jello one and will try it when my niece comes over! Thanks for sharing this. Saw you over at Chic On A Shoestring and happily following you via GFC.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...