Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sun-dried Tomato Bread

One of my favourite wedding presents that we received was a bread machine. For the past three years we have used it nonstop. We mostly make the same recipe of Challah bread because it goes with everything. But, it's been getting a bit boring and I wanted to spice it up. I found some sun-dried tomatoes at the grocery store and set to work.

For the next 3 hours the apartment smelt of tomatoes, onions, and fresh bread. I wasn't sure it was going to work because I only had pizza yeast. I used a bit less because it is faster acting than bread machine yeast. I was lucky, because it turned out to be the perfect loaf. I cut up a few slices, added some tuna, cheese, and tomatoes and grilled it up. Yummy grilled cheese!
I can't wait to make this bread again. It was tasty and added a bit of flavour to a boring sandwich. It would also be great as a hostess or house warming gift. I love this idea from You are My Fave.


Try out this recipe. It was very easy and you just put it in the bread machine and let it do the work for you.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
4 tsp olive oil or cooking oil
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp water
2 tbsp snipped dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
3 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano or 1 tbsp fresh oregano
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp active dry yeast or bread machine yeast

1. Select the loaf size (1 1/2 lb). In a small saucepan, cook the onion in hot oil until tender, stirring occasionally Cool slightly.

2. Add the ingredients to the machine in order written. Select the basic white bread cycle.

Happy Crafting,
Kristin

1 comment:

  1. That bread looks so good. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesays.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...