I had made this pretty simple wreath a while ago (check out that post on my old blog here) and decided it was time to update it, while at the same time trying out a technique I've been seeing everywhere lately, fabric flowers.
I started this update by carefully removing the numbers and flowers off the wreath which, even though they were stuck on with hot glue, was pretty easy.
Next I laid out some newspaper and re-painted the numbers in a soft yellow for a bit of cheerful colour.
For the fabric flowers I looked through a couple of tutorials and it all seemed pretty straight forward. I found some simple white cotton fabric at Wal-Mart and cut it into strips. To make one flower I took two strips and tied them together at one end, and twisted them up. Using fabric glue (do NOT use a hot glue gun, please learn from my mistakes) I wound the fabric in on itself in a flat spiral, using the glue every so often to keep it together. Then when I got to the end I neatly glued the fabric on the back of the flower to neatly finish it off.
Overall it is just a simple update, but puts a smile on my face every time I come home and see it.