Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Best is Yet to Be: Wall Art

I love to paint. I'm not very good at it, but I love being able to mix colours and create something pleasing to the eye. Michael's was having a sale on art canvases and I needed to put something up in our bedroom. The timing was perfect. Remember what the bedroom looked like? Check it out here. Here is what I made to help out that troubled bare wall.
I started off with some inspiration from the clearance rack at Michael's. This little bird friend cost me $2.
Not only do I like the colour of this little guy, but I also love the pattern on it. I thought that I would try to copy that on my canvas. I first prepped it by painting it a similar colour to my bedspread.
I then took a colour similar to the bird to make a pattern on the canvas.
I didn't try to keep it very exact because the pattern on the bird wasn't exact at all. I just sort of went with the flow. I thought that the pattern was too dark so I used some lighter blues and greys to lighten it up.
The last thing I didn't was put on a cute quote. I am not one for adding words to everything I create, but this painting just needed something.
It really looks great in my room. I think that the wall is coming along. Now I just need some more art work on the wall, or maybe a floor lamp or a very tall vase?

Happy Crafting,

PS: Here's where we link up.

1 comment:

  1. I was thisclose to buying the same little birdie at Michael's yesterday. After seeing this post, I might have to go back and get it :)

    I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, to learn more about it check out my post at:
    http://twenty63.blogspot.com/2012/07/who-me.html

    I'm one of your newest followers!
    Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...