Thursday, July 12, 2012

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

This past weekend I decided to browse through the Bulk Barn - very dangerous! I felt in the mood to make something, but I wasn't sure what, so I looked through the Bulk Barn isles for some inspiration. Luckily I found it in the form of macadamia nuts. As soon as I saw them I knew I was going to use them to make White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies. I've always loved them, but had never tried to make them myself. So I grabbed the macadamia nuts and some white chocolate chips and headed back home. 






The recipe I used is my favourite regular chocolate chip recipe that I just tweaked.


Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
macadamia nuts (to taste, I just added as much as looked proportionate)

Method
Heat oven to 375. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and then add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until light brown. After 1 to 2 minutes transfer to wire rack to cool.


My favourite part of baking is eating a warm cookies fresh out of the oven. I wasn't disappointed, they tasted just like I remembered they should.




Happy Crafting,

PS: Here's where we link up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...