Thursday, April 5, 2012

BBQ mini meat loaves


One of the places I like to get new recipes from is the Kraft magazine, What's Cooking. It comes free to my mailbox about every other month and is full of delicious and easy recipes. I always try to make at least one from every issue, and this month I tried out the BBQ Mini Meat Loaves.

Ingredients
1 cup hot water
1 box Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
1 tbsp. brown sugar
* the recipe also called for 2 sliced green onions, which I didn't add

Method
Preheat oven to 375F.

Add water to stuffing mix, stir until moistened. Add in meat, cheese (and onions) and mix well. Scoop mixture into 12 muffin cups, sprayed with cooking spray. For me, I found it all fit into the muffin cups as long as I pressed it in well with the back of my spoon.


Bake for 15 minutes in the oven. While it is baking, mix together barbecue sauce and brown sugar. When the fifteen minutes is over, remove muffin tray from oven and spread barbecue sauce mixture over all of the meat loaves.


Cook again in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes.


What I also liked about this recipe is it the perfect freezer meal, I just took a couple of the mini meat loafs and put them into ziplock bags and then tossed them into the freezer so I can grab one at a later date when I don't have time to cook.

Enjoy your Easter weekend, and we'll see you back here on Monday!

Happy Cooking,
Courtney


* what's cooking cover photo from here

I linked this post here:
Somewhat Simple shabby creek cottage Beyond The Picket Fence The Taylor House Photobucket



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...