Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Magnets With a Message

Happy Wednesday! The week is halfway over! I'm am happy because I have completed two days of class and I now have two days of placement at a daycare. I didn't know how hard it was going to be to go back to school, but I'm very tired already. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the swing of things by the end of the week. Today I have an easy, 5 minute craft for you. I found these cute magnets at the dollar store yesterday. They screamed at me because they had so much possibility.


I had so many ideas at once. I wasn't sure paint was going to stick, so that was out. But I thought they could use a message. I got out my letters (which I'm using for another craft on Monday) and hammer and set to work. These letters are 1/16".


First I measured the distance I wanted between my letters. 


Then I very carefully pounded each letter onto the magnet. My first try was not very straight, but they were pretty evenly spaced.


The last step was to take a Sharpie and rub it into the letters. This makes them stand out a little more.


I think that they turned out to look very cute. I do wish I had bigger letters because it is hard to read. that will be a craft for another day.


Happy Crafting,

PS: Here's where we link up.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the shapes you chose. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I have seen those magnets at the Dollar Store closest to my house.

    Where did you get your letter stamps? I'm a fellow Canadian crafter and I have been looking for these for the longest time. No luck at Canadian Tire, Home Depot etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...