Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Alfredo Chicken Pizza

I've always loved homemade pizza, there's just something about it that makes it taste as good, if not better, than pizza from restaurants. Last night I decided to make some pizza myself, but a little twist than my usual. I swapped out the tomato-based spaghetti sauce and used alfredo sauce instead. The result - delicious, and just what I thought it would be!

Ingredients
1 frozen batch of pizza dough (let defrost in the fridge overnight)
1 jar of alfredo sauce (I only ended up using 1/2 the jar)
1 tomato
1-2 chicken breasts (pre-cooked and sliced)
1/2 green pepper
mushrooms (a couple of handfuls of sliced mushrooms)
*any ingredients you want to add



Method
Kneed/roll out dough on greased pizza tray or cookie sheet. Spread out alfredo sauce over dough and then  sprinkle toppings on top (tomato, chicken, green pepper and mushrooms). Follow directions on dough package for cooking in the oven.


For me I didn't have a rolling pin so I used my own two hands to kneed out the dough over my aluminium foil covered cookie sheet. Then, after I added the sauce and toppings, I cooked the pizza in the over  at 425 F for 20 minutes, and then 10 minutes under the broiler.


Enjoy!


Happy Cooking,

PS: Here's where we link up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...