Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Being a "Big Kid"

I want you to look closely at this little basket I made up and try to guess what it's for.
Did you guess?
Did you guess that I got my very first car?!?!

That's right, I'm an finally a big kid with my own set of wheels. It's a 2002 Ford Focus. It may be a little older, but it passed the clean emissions test with flying colours. Since we've moved slightly north of downtown, Mr Firefly and I felt it was time to buy that first car. We just picked it up and we're already planning on several trips.
As soon as we put down the deposit I was at the dollar store looking for items to fill the car with. The most important find was this visor CD holder.

I thought I'd spice it up a bit with some flower. Remeber these paper flowers from the mobile I made? I used some of the left over flowers and glued a pearl on top. I hope Mr. Firefly won't think I'm making the car look too girly!
As for the special little basket I made up, I have included:

  • Tissues
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Pen
  • Bungee Cords
  • Rag
  • Gum
  • Bandages
Can you think of anything else you've found helpful in your car?


Happy Crafting,

PS: Here's where we link up.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first car! A CD holder was my first addition to mine as well. I would throw a couple of hand warmers into your car kit for this winter (you know, the kind that you shake and then they heat up?). They are great for tucking down in shoes or in gloves if you were to have to wait for help. Have a great day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ford Focuses run forever. Ours is a 2001 and just keeps bouncing along with few problems. If you have issues with closing your trunk, this is the trick: don't slam, just close. These cars from those years were notorious for faulty trunk latches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...