Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hawaiian Sausage

This recipe is one that I think is perfect for the summer. I don't know if combining sausages and pineapple is a normal occurrence, but I just love how they taste together. The recipe says to serve over rice or fluffy mashed potatoes, but I suggest rice.


Ingredients
1lb. Pork sausage
14 oz. Pineapple rings (save the juice!)
1 1/2 cup Pineapple juice and water
1 1/2 tbsp. Cornstarch
3/4 tsp. Curry Powder.

Method
Fry sausages in an frying pan. Arrange in an 8-inch casserole dish.
In the same pan brown the pineapple rings on both sides. Transfer the rings into the casserole dish over the sausages.
Mix together conrstarch, curry powser and pineapple juice. Poor over pineapple and sausages in caserole dish. Bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes until hot. Serve over rice (or potatoes).


I served mine over whole grain 5-minute rice, which may not look as pretty as fluffy white rice, is a little bit healthier, and because it is 5-minute rice means I can quickly make some fresh rice for myself every time I have a serving of Hawaiian Pineapple leftovers!

Happy Cooking,

PS: Here's where we link up.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...