Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thrift Store Find: Tabletop Clock

I love to go to the thrift store. I've had a hard time finding one close to my new house, but last week I took the bus for a big shopping trip to Value Village. Here are some of my finds. I used the lampshade for the mobile I made for my niece.
Today I'm going to show you what I did with the clock. I really wanted a nice clock for our office/guest room. Remember the jute container I made here? I thought this little guy would fit perfectly on the table and keep good time for our guests.
The clock was only $2.99, but I wasn't sure if it would work. So I started by taking it apart.
Then I sanded and painted the outsides white and the inside ring blue. Of course, Merlin had to help out.
I wound the clock and it worked! It looks very nice on my side table. 

I can't wait to show you more of the stuff I've made out of thrift store finds. 

Happy Crafting,

PS: Here's where we link up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...