Dawn blogs over at Twenty63 and very kindly nominated us for The Versatile Blogger award! Thank you Dawn, it is so great to get such nice feedback in the form of a nomination!
here which are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
So here are our 7 facts:
1. We both love pets! Kristin does not like cats and has a kitten. While Courtney would love to have a cat, but doesn't have the right apartment for one. Kristin adopted Merlin when Hilary's (cakedujour.webs.com) cat escaped and had kittens. Now Merlin is becoming one of the family. Although, Kristin does have plans to get a Westie as soon as she has a place with a fenced in yard. Courtney would love a Pomeranian if she moves to a pet friendly place. Neither of us like fish which can be more work than they are worth.
2. Kristin can't decide what she's going to be when she "grows up." She went to school for psychology and had great dreams to council children. Then she was set on getting her Master's in Music Therapy. Now she is going to school for Early Childhood Education. The current plans are to open a daycare/preschool when she finishes school. Of course, there are always plans to be a piano teacher in the mix.
3. Courtney has always had plans to write, write and write some more. She graduated two years ago with a journalism diploma and is currently working as a page builder, laying out a variety of newspapers. She's also been able to be a freelance reporter for a couple of local newspapers.
4. We both love to travel. Between the two of us we've been to San Francisco, Banff, London, Colorado, Florida, Paris, Quebec, Washington D.C. and more! In the future we're hoping to make it to Scotland and Holland in the near future.
5. Kristin's favourite colour is red. Red?? Yes, red has always been her favourite colour, although you won't be seeing her decorate much with that colour. Most of her house is done up in blues and greens. She will wear a lot of reds and maroons. Both schools she has attended had maroon/red as the school colour. Coincidence?
6. Courtney has been playing the violin since grade three. She first learned to play by ear though, so she has a hard time reading music. She loves to learn and play both classical songs as well as fiddle tunes which can be more fun.
7. We LOVE our niece! In case you haven't noticed, a lot of our projects here on Brilliant Like Fireflies are made with one special little lady in mind, our almost 16-month-old niece, Jocelyn. From helping decorate for her first birthday party to repainting a red adirondack chair, we can't help ourselves from spoiling her.
And of course we are so happy to nominate the following 15 blogs for this award:
- Setting for Four
- The Grant Life
- A Proverbs 31 Wife
- The Thriftiness Miss
- Tiaras and Bowties
- Two Sasters
- A Little Something in the Meantime
- Hopeful One
- Controlling Craziness
- Monkey See Monkey Do
- Mister G and Me
- Joyfully Weary
- Lillyfield Life
- Two Succulent Sisters
- Joy's Jots, Shots and Whatnots
PS: Here's where we link up.