Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Bonus: Peep Krispies

We don't normally post on Saturdays, but I had to share this with you. I had a lot of peeps left over from our peep anniversary party. I needed to find something to do with them because, honestly, I don't really like them. So they needed to take another form. In my mind I thought, they are basically just marshmallows right? So I took the chance and tried to make them into Rice Krispie Squares.


Ingredients:
40 Peeps
6 Cups Rice Krispies
2 tbsp Butter

Directions:
Melt your Peeps. This is the fun part. Put them in a microwave safe bowl and microwave the Peeps and butter 1 minute at a time until melted. Make sure you stir them every minute.








Add the Rice Krispies.

Combine until the Krispies are fully coated. Pat down in your greased pan. Refrigerate until hardened. 


These couldn't be easier or tastier. I thought the taste might change because I used Peeps, but the colour is the only thing different. 



Happy Crafting,


PS: Here's where we link up.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Although, we never have any peeps left. The kids love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up on Dare to Share. I do love my Peeps. I will try this if I have some last more than a few minutes.. They tend to disappear fast. LOL! I can't wait to see what you link up next.

    Pam
    http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/05/dare-to-share-7.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...