Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuscan Pasta

One of my favourite kitchen appliances is my crock pot. I love the option of throwing together a pot of chilli in the morning and having it ready when I get home in the evening. Another one of my favourite meals to make in the crock pot (or slow cooker if you prefer) is Tuscan Pasta.
This weekend my mom and sisters made it, and I snapped a picture to show you how delicious it looks!

Ingredients
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1 jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup water
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
6 ounces thin spaghetti, broken into half

Method
Place all ingredients except spaghetti in crock pot. cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
After 4 hours, turn crock pot to high, stir in spaghetti and cover. Stir again after 10 minutes. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with parmesan cheese.


Happy Cooking,

PS: Here's where we link up.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
    I have linked a pizza I did with leftover roast chicken. Have a good week.

    PS Now following via GFC

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...